General Waiver and Release
This event is sponsored and organized in its entirety by Selten Sports, LLC. Selten Sports has no affiliation with any soccer/football club in the US or in Europe. The event will take place from June 20 to 24th, 2022 at Aurora Sports Park. This elite soccer training is designed for boys and girls from age 8 years old and older.
Releasees: Selten Sports, a Delaware limited liability company registered in Colorado, and FootbalLab S.a.s. di Guarino Maria Rita & C. an Italian company registered in Turin, Italy (collectively “Selten”) and their officers, employees, members, managers, directors, shareholders, agents, successors, assigns and insurers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (all collectively the “Releasees”)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the event referenced above, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree on behalf of myself and my minor child(ren) that:
1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program (including but not limited to general soccer training sessions and other soccer related activities such as drills, scrimmage games, actual games, physical training exercises and professional tryouts to identify potential candidates for future soccer games with professional teams in Europe) is significant, including the potential for sprains, fractures, concussion, head injury, permanent paralysis and death, and while rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2) I PERSONALLY AND ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR CHILD(REN) KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4) I, for myself and my minor children and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely dangerous and is believed to be spread from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state and local governments and health agencies recommend established guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. These include requiring social distancing and, in many locations, prohibiting the congregation of large groups of people. These guidelines are for the safety of the public and should be followed.
Notwithstanding recommendations and guidelines by these entities, it must be understood that that COVID-19 is a continuing threat to the health and lives of the citizens of Colorado.
Selten has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, it is understood that Selten cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not come into contact with or become infected with COVID-19. Your mere physical presence at the activities could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting the disease.
Notwithstanding the risk of infection, I, on behalf of myself and my minor child(ren), wish to voluntarily participate in soccer activities offered by Selten. These include practices and other training, soccer matches, team activities and possibly travel to other facilities not under the control of Selten for soccer matches.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Selten’s programs, and related events and activities, I and my minor child(ren) state as follows:
- I understand that although Selten has taken precautions to provide proper organization, supervision, instruction and equipment for the services being offered, it is impossible for Selten to guarantee absolute safety from infection byCOVID-19. Also, I understand that I share the responsibility for safety during all activities, and I assume that responsibility. I will make my instructors aware to the best of my ability of any questions or concerns regarding my understanding of safety standards, guidelines, procedures and my ability to participate at any point during any activity. I will also take steps to ensure the health of my child(ren) before the child(ren) participates in any soccer activity.
- I understand that risks during soccer activities include possible exposure to COVID-19. In addition, risks of soccer activities include, but are not limited to, loss or damage to personal property, injury, permanent disability, fatality, exposure to inclement weather, slipping, falling, insect or animal bites, being struck by falling objects, hypothermia (cold exposure), hyperthermia (heat exposure), and that severe social or economic losses that may result from any such incident. I also understand that such accidents or illnesses may occur in remote areas without easy access to medical facilities or while traveling to and from the activity sites. Further, there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- I assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages due to such injury, permanent disability or death resulting from participation in any activity.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks described on the other side of this Waiver and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) and myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability or death), illness, damage, monetary loss, claim, liability, or expense of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s participation at Selten’s activities (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release the Releasees from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action, whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, of every nature and in conjunction with activity as set forth on this General Waiver and Release.
In addition, by electronically accepting this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and/or I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Selten’s activities. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Releasees whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after attendance at the activities.
Selten recognizes the potential danger and long-term health consequences of this often difficult to diagnose form of traumatic brain injury. The policy is intended to provide easy-to-understand guidelines related to players who have been diagnosed with or are suspected of having a concussion. The policy is for coaches, parents and players, but is to be shared with any other adults or participants in Selten and FootbalLab. We want to ensure our players are provided the safest environment possible. As such, Selten is incorporating a Concussion Policy to educate participants and their families about concussions, help prevent concussions from occurring, and identify when a concussion may have taken place.
Per Colorado Senate Law 11-040 passed on March 14, 2011 and put into effect January 1, 2012, youth coaches need to be educated about concussions. It is MANDATORY for all recreational and competitive coaches to have completed a concussion training module and have a certificate of completion on file to be updated every two years.
Here are the guidelines Selten encourages coaches, players, and families to follow:
- Learn about concussions! -The athlete, family, and coach should be familiar with the signs and symptoms of a concussion.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of a concussion – As a member of the sports community; we must recognize the signs of a concussion and check to see if the player is experiencing symptoms of a concussion.
- ‘When in doubt, take the player out.’ – It is best practice to remove the player from competition if there are signs and/or symptoms a concussion has occurred.
- Do not let the player return – The player should not return to competition until he or she is evaluated by a medical physician and cleared to play.
- Monitor recovery – Players who have experienced a concussion should be allowed to return to participate on a gradual basis. Players should continue to be monitored with the goal that the player will eventually return to full participation at an individual pace. Not all concussions are the same.
- When a parent registers their child, they agree to the following: If my child is diagnosed with a concussion during a Selten activity or during any other activity, including those outside Selten, or if my child has a prior head injury, I will inform my child’s coach of such diagnosis prior to the start of the season or before my child returns to play.
Participant Registered Players
- If a player does have a head injury, that player must notify parents and coaches immediately.
Player Medical Release
I hereby request that Selten allow my child to participate in the sports program at the designated locations where the events will take place. I understand that programming may include, but is not limited to Leagues, Camps, Clinics, Academy, Events, Alliance Events, and Competitive Teams. The language of this waiver is also intended to cover all activities, tryouts and open-play sessions.
In considerations of Selten and FootbalLab allowing my child to participate in the activities, I agree not to sue and forever release, waive and discharge Releasees from any and all liability to me, my child and his or her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, children, dependents, spouse and relatives for any and all claims, causes of action, losses, judgments, liens, costs, demands or damages that are caused by or arise from any injury (including death) to his/her person or property regardless of the cause(s) of such injury. I assume all risks associated with my child’s participation in and observation of the Selten and FootbalLab tryouts and training sessions.
I further grant Selten and their respective successors and assign the perpetual worldwide and royalty-free rights to use my child’s voice, photograph, and likeness in any media related to my child’s performance in or observation of the program including, without limitation, a videotape recording of such programming without compensation to me, or my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, children, dependents, spouse and relatives.
I certify that my child is in good mental and physical condition. My Participant son/daughter has received a physical examination by a licensed medical doctor and has been found physically capable of participating in the sport of soccer. My child and I understand the inherent risks associated with participation in the program, and we also understand the inherent risks of participating in the sport of soccer at this level on grass, astro-turf and blacktop surfaces. I recognize the possibility of physical injury associated with soccer, and in consideration of Releasees’ discharge and otherwise indemnify the Releasees, the affiliates and sponsors, their employees and associated personnel (whether paid or volunteer) as well as the owners of the fields and facilities utilized for the programs, against any claim by or on behalf of the Participant as a result of his or her participation in the programs.
I, the parent/legal guardian of the Participant, authorize Selten staff to seek medical treatment for the Participant as they deem necessary at local medical facilities. I understand that this authorization is given in advance of any specific diagnosis, treatment, or hospital care, and that it is given to provide Selten’s staff authority to seek medical treatment as he/she deems necessary to the above-named Participant. I accept responsibility for payment of all services rendered; I authorize any medical facility that renders services to release medical information necessary for the processing of insurance claims; and I authorize the payment of insurance claims directly to the medical facility. I understand that whenever possible, Selten will make a good faith effort to contact me or designated person(s) before seeking treatment. If this is not possible, I understand that Selten’s staff will notify me, or my designee, as soon as possible of any and all diagnoses and treatments. I also hereby give consent for emergency medical care prescribed by a duly licensed Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Dentistry. This care may be given under whatever conditions are necessary to preserve the life, limb, or well-being of my child(ren).
I hereby acknowledge that I have carefully read this Liability Waiver and Release of Liability, that I fully understand its content, that I am over the age of 18, I am the legal guardian of the minor listed and that I am agreeing to this Liability Waiver and Release voluntarily and intend for its use to be legally binding.
The Parent/Guardian and Participant hereby waive any and all claims and demands for relief, whether past or future and regardless of the legal or factual basis thereof, that could be asserted against Selten in any forum or manner whatsoever, based upon, related to, or concerning the Participant’s participation in the summer workouts/practices/meetings, expressly including but not limited to any claim arising from any injury, illness, or death, including but not limited to from COVID-19 exposure or infection, or any damages, including those claims based on any alleged or actual negligence, any breach of any express or implied statutory or other duty of care, or mistakes or errors in judgment of any kind, and expressly release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from and against any and all such claims and demands regardless of when or by whom asserted. This General Waiver and Release is governed by the laws of the State of Colorado.
To agree to this release electronically please click through where indicated.